We have identified six important elements to consider when developing your Video Communications Strategy. Each plays a vital role in shaping the direction and outcome of your corporate video and to allow you to carefully consider the impact it will have on your business goals.
Thinking through these elements now will mean less wastage of time, resources and money in the long run.
Let’s start with the first:
Look at the year ahead and the bigger picture.
- How do you want to use video in the next twelve months?
- Is this a one-off film or part of a larger video communications strategy?
- Will the video stand-alone or be part of a series of content?
- How often will you need to make new video content or update the content?
- What is the shelf life, how long will it need to run for?
- Can the video be re-purposed and distributed via different platforms?
Planning is the key to all these elements. The more planning that is done before the camera crew turn up on location, the quicker, smoother, and cost effective the whole video production will be. By approaching your video communication as part of a wider strategy, rather than as a one-off project, your business could benefit from economies of scale and more efficient use of resource and budget.
If you need help or advice on planning your next corporate video or video editing project, please get in touch with Simon Banks, our Video Expert on 020 3675 1515.