The Six Elements of Video Communications Strategy – Content
We have identified six important elements to consider when developing your Video Communications Strategy. Each play a vital role in shaping the direction and outcome of your corporate video and to allow you to carefully consider the impact it will have on your business goals.
Thinking through these elements now will mean less wastage of, time, resources and money in the long run. Let’s look at content.
Once you have thought about timeframes and your audience, you can begin to think about exactly what you want to say and how to make it compelling.
Today video content is king and more that 4 billions hours of video content is watched each month. Here are some important areas to consider when you are thinking about content.
- Does your content follow a story arc? Does it have an introduction, a climax and a resolution?
- Is it engaging and impactful?
- How can video bring the content to life, how can images and music be used to get your message across in the most effective way?
- Is it memorable? What will viewers remember?
- Is it clear and concise? Video is not great for communicating a lot of complex details – so keep it simple.
- Is it the right length? Long videos can loose people. Keeping video shorter in length (3 minutes or less) can be better than a long video (depends on the message).
- Would the content be more effective if it was broken up into a series of short bursts?
- Does the leave the viewer with a clear and obvious, single call to action?