It’s shoot day, and I want to give you a behind the scenes look at one our shoots. Watch the video below and travel with me into central London and meet the crew and take a look at processes we go through on each shoot. Preparation is the key to success.
As a video producer, there are essential things you need for a successful shoot.
- The first is having a robust backpack.
- You’ll need a laptop.
- Also, need a dongle to connect a hard drive to back up all the footage.
- A call sheet, so the crew know the timings, and the location, and what we’re doing on the shoot.
- A risk assessment form for health and safety.
- Release forms for all the people we’re interviewing today.
- A trusty clipboard so to look official.
- An umbrella because this is England.
- And last but not least, an Osmo Pocket, so I can get some behind the scenes footage.
We often shoot in a board room, which is very typical of what we get to film in when we do corporate work. We always try to avoid blank walls and thankfully, today’s camera’s with a prime lens, and some subtle lighting can make any boardroom look good.
After the filming, it is essential to check and back-up the footage. The media cards we shoot on are out your average SD Card and cost hundreds of pounds. So the cards need to be resued. On location on a Tallboy production shoot, we always back up at least twice. Back at the office, the footage is then backed up again onto our editing drive really for us to start post-production. We can then tell the cameraperson that they can reuse the cards for their next shoot.
So that’s a wrap. Hope you’ve enjoyed the behind the scenes of our shoot day.