We’ve been hearing about the big predictions the impact that video will have on the Internet for years. According to a new study, video is predicted to account for 84% of all Internet traffic by 2018!
The report from Cisco, ‘2014 Complete VNI Global IP Traffic Forecast for 2013-2018‘ is the latest to speculate about our Internet consumption and explosion of video online content. As in one of my previous blogs ‘Will your website become a TV Channel?’ we predict that people will be watching webpages like we do TV rather than reading them. Therefore it is becoming increasing important to have not just one video, but many videos on your website.
But what kind of videos should you have? Watch the short video below to find out the three kind of videos you need to start with on your website.
The Future of Online Video Traffic – Cisco Predictions:
- By 2018, there will be nearly 4 Billion global Internet users (more than 51% of the world’s population)
- By 2018, IP video will represent 79% percent of all global traffic by 2018, up from 66% in 2013
- By 2018, there will be 21 Billion networked devices and connections globally
- In 4 years time, the average fixed broadband connection speed will increase 2.6-fold, from 16 Mbps in 2013 to 42 Mbps by 2018
- 75% of Internet traffic will be accessed via WiFi by 2018.